Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Planting Raspberriesr'd





The weather is hot. Hot, hot, hot, and it tries to rain everyday. It's almost like Africa. We are trying to get as much done as possible. 

Yesterday, we planted 1,100 raspberry canes. (9,000 to go.) We watered them over night and this morning our neighbors came by wondering why the nearby creek was so muddy. (Irrigation water spilled into the creek.) 

It took our little crew 3 hours to plant what we planted.

This morning I went to our Senator's office, Betsie Markie. I think I told you of my little Russian translator. She is 34 and single, and has contracted vaginal cancer 3rd stage. I wrote her a letter for the U.S. Embassy in Russia offering to raise money to get her to Eden Valley and to give her treatments. The Embassy refused her. So, I went to the Senator for some support, if I can have it. She gave me some advice, and as soon as we do our part, the Senator will try to pull some strings.

This morning we rec'd some good news. In our May session, we had a little lady called Joanne (of Iranian descent.) She had cancer in her jaw. She is convinced that it is because of her cell phone. That is neither here nor there now. The Oncologist told her that she would not survive this cancer. She returned to the Oncologist this month and he told her that  he can't find any cancer at all and that she is to come back in one year. That is so encouraging to me. Praise God we can do a little. Imagine, God works miracles for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment