Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sorry, New Guests again

I had to move Don and Rumiko into a guest house because Dr. David and Olena Emmerson with their children, Johanna, and Jonathan moved into my house. They will be our Doctors for this session. The session starts today. I'll try to get pictures of them before they leave. We hope they will decide to join us at EVI. They have a choice between us and going to Chile. It ought to be obvious where they should go, but it apparently isn't that obvious to them yet.

I am enjoying their company very much. I enjoyed Don and Rumiko's company as well. The extra work only adds to the blessing. We are all pulling together. Tonight I have to eat supper with the guests and host the orientation program. This coming week I will preach at least ten sermons. Who is luckier than I? 

We are taking the risk of cutting our hay. We took one field down on Friday hoping the Lord will favor us with dry weather. It has rained every day for the last two months. It isn't much rain as by African standards, but it keeps us from harvesting our fields. 

Nathan Bearce, son of Earle and Carole Bearce married the daughter of Steve Boykin. They came to Colorado for their honeymoon and I lent them my car for two weeks. Yes, I was worried. I had him put collision insurance on it. In the end, it turned out okay. I appreciate Nathan and his pretty bride. They are very courteous and thoughtful. They washed my car, filled it with gas, even washed my floor mats. They too stayed at my house for a couple of days. 

The Bible speaks of hospitality in strong terms. Too many protect themselves from serving in this manner. They lose out on a great blessing. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dad,
    Happy belated Father's day! sorry I didn't get to say that on Sunday! We had a busy day and The kids and I took Art our for breakfast and and then he went kayaking and then he and the boys went flying remote control aircraft. He said he had a fun and relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete