Sunday, June 28, 2009

Not a Drop of Quick















I don't know if my kids were too young when Paul West was at Woodland Park Foundation, but he showed up at my house yesterday. Like me, he's an old man now, 65 years old. Hard to believe. Not too old, however, to ride a motorcycle from Victoria Island to Loveland. He's her to help out for one week. 

Fortunately, I had a bed in my house still. The Emersons are still with me, (that is Jonathan Emerson on the bike) and next weekend I trade them in for the Browns and a doctor from Ethiopia. The Lord isn't cutting me any slack lately. The house is full always. Don and Rumiko left Friday. They are all better. I praise God. Don mowed the whole of EVI and helped us bring in 700 bales of hay. When he first came, he could hardly lift a salt shaker for being sick. 

My back is sore from lifting bales of hay. I expect we'll have to do that again tomorrow if it doesn't rain. So far, we haven't lost any of it. It is an odd year in Colorado. Coloradans haven't seen rain like this in a long time.

Michael Garcia gave me a seven-tier DVD burner. I really would have preferred to pay for it, but he insisted. If Emersons decide to come to EVI, I might be forced to ask Garcias to vacate. I'll hate doing it. I really like these folks. Gifts don't help the situation either. The only other option, I think, would be to give Emersons my house. Most of the people think that is a bad idea. Where would all the guests go if I don't have a big house? Still, I don't need such a big house for two people. (I burnt 28 sets of nine sermons on the Prodigal Son in about two days. The machine works like a charm.)

For the last two Sabbaths, I preached on "Not Under the Law, but Under Grace." A real blessing to me, if I do say so myself--not the preaching, but the concept. I wish everyone could see it. I'll have to write an article, I guess. 

My wife will be back one month from today. I look forward to it. I'm surrounded with people and not a one to hug. It's like, "Water, water everywhere and not a drop of Quick." (Old commercials don't go away easy.) 

From the Preacher to his tribe. 

2 comments:

  1. No, we were not too little to remember Paul West. I'm not sure there isn't anybody that came to Woodland park that I don't remember at least vaguely. Paul West, however, is not a vague memory. When Claton Reed went all wacky on us and mom was busy phoning the police and you were busy trying to keep him under control, Paul turned to all of us kids and told us to run up to our bedroom upstairs and lock the door. I appreciated that as it was a bit un-nerving and we were not sure what we should be doing.
    Say hello to him for me.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there

    busy busy is what you are ..... i am glad Janet is returning to the States in a bit - i have a t shirt that says i don't do hugs and so i laughed at your saying about all these people and no one to hug....i even remember the name of Paul but would not be able to recognize him ... technology took care of that with the picture. Are you guys traveling anywhere when Janet goes to USA. I am going to Tennessee in Aug. as Jacquie's kids attend Southern ..... also will be in Dayton Ohio area.....

    ReplyDelete