Monday, July 12, 2010

Bed Bugs

Where did they come from?

We started a new session, yesterday. Approximately eighteen people are here for treatments. All are Adventist. (A rare thing.) Sometime during the day, one couple laid down to take a nap. In a few minutes, the man felt like he was being invaded by ants all around his neck. When he looked down he saw his pillow was invaded with bugs. (Approx. 40) What in the world? So the cooks in the Annex asked if they could move this couple to my house. Of course, they can. My house is always full anyhow.

I have another couple with a 10 year old from Poland with me.

I went to see what the bugs might be. Yep! I knew what they were. Bed bugs! Yuk.

Today, we called an exterminator and he went over the room. John Roeske and I burned the new mattress and box spring. (Drastic, no?) We hope that takes care of that. Some lifestyle guest must have brought them in. We've had many folks from the islands lately. Who knows?

All is well besides. The weather is hot, 90 degrees. Everyone is of good courage.

Sometimes I just sit and think. I reason things through to the best of my abilities. This morning I was thinking: We all would prefer to be saved then to be lost, right? We would all prefer to succeed than fail, surely. We all work toward happiness and not misery. We all want a lover rather than to be alone, at least I would. (And, mine isn't around to do much loving.) And, we all realize that these great blessings don't just happen by chance.

There are laws to govern the success we make of these things. If there wasn't, there wouldn't be so many books written on these subjects. You want to know how to make money? Somebody's figured it out and wrote a book about it. (Ten thousand books about it.) You want romance, health, success. Go to the library. The point is, there are laws that govern every aspect of life.

Now, who knows "how to" better than God? Where would we find the best advice on all those subjects? So it boils down to this, search the Bible on any topic and do it. It's just that simple. People find it irksome to have to obey God. That is so-o-o insane. We want to succeed, but we don't want to do what it takes to succeed, or to be happy, or to be healthy, or to be lovers. Insanity!!!

So says the Preacher to his Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment