Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

It's Monday morning and all is well . . . I think. I got a text message from my wife saying the paper work is done for the Bauman family. They now can make their way to Mago, Tanzania. I need to call them this morning with the good news. I sure hope they still want to go.

My wife is starting to fudge, as she always does at this time of year. She was suppose to come home from July 21 to Sept 6, and as usual the work starts to look overwhelming and she calls to see how I'll take to the idea of her not coming, or her coming just for ASI. It's a disappointment to me, but I happen to understand the call of duty above other calls. So, if that is duty calling, so be it.

Yesterday was Sunday. I like Sundays, usually, because I can get some things done that I haven't much time for during the week. Yesterday, I managed to prepare a sermon. That is always such a blessing. This week I have to preach twice, and I have little time to get it all together.

I got caught up on all my e-mails, put out the campus mail because my Secretary is on vacation, and got ready for a picnic we planned for the campus. That was fun. Well, it might have been fun. A huge storm came up and chased us home. So much rain fell that HWY 27 was flooded in many places. Half a dozen driveways were washed out onto the road. Our Annex (Lifestyle Center) was flooded with about an inch of water on the bottom floor, and the store floor was filled with mud. Being the 4th of July, we were suppose to go watch the fireworks at Loveland lake, but I just went to bed instead. I don't know if anyone went to watch.

Today is a day off for my staff because July 4th fell on a Sunday. I'm going to go finish cleaning up at the Annex.

Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Frank, I guess it's really getting time that you move to Africa, so your wife doesn't have any excuses anymore not to grace you with her presence! If she really doesn't make it this summer, maybe you should ask your boss if you can get a leave of absence to visit her at least - but who is your boss by the way? ;-)

    P.S: I think the reason that you cannot comment on my blog is that you first need to connect to your own blog. Just now, it wouldn't allow me to post this comment, but then I logged on to mine and it worked!

    ReplyDelete