Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Disappointed

Drizzly day. I just finished preaching a sermon on freedom, giving a beautiful picture of how God offers salvation. I expect the two families from Czech Republic today. I'll have to go out and buy food. I ate at this family's house some years ago. The meal consisted of European breads, very substantial, dark and crusty with various pates and tomatoes. I don't know if I can duplicate that cuisine, but I'll do my best.

I got word from my lover that she will not be coming from Africa to ASI this year. She has too much work to do. She has a family coming from Walla Walla, WA., and she has no house ready for them. So duty calls.

Surprisingly, I feel disappointed. The reason its a surprise is that I understand duty and its demands. The voice of duty is the voice of God, right? I am not disappointed intellectually, it's a heart thing. We were planning a vacation in August. Every now and again I think to just go away for a few days, but I never do it. Where would I go? And who would I go with? No one. So I stay and work.

We've got more than twenty people coming for the Lifestyle Session starting on Sunday. We'll have our noses to the grindstone. Especially seeing that Leasa will be gone for most of the month. On the 21st of July, I need to go to the Oak Haven Convention. Then Jason comes in and we go to the ASI Convention together. That will be fun.

That's today's news.

1 comment:

  1. We are just as disappointed. I think you still need to come and visit us. We'll go canoeing or camping and eat fruit. COME

    ReplyDelete