Sunday, July 18, 2010

Never Lets me Down

Another blistering hot Sunday in Colorado. To cool a little, I took my Polish friends to the top of the Rockies. (12,000 feet.) They were amazed at the sight, and at one point, the highest, we needed to run back to the van because it was too cold.

I talked to Uncle John last week. They just returned from London, visiting Michie and their grandchildren. Sounds to me like they are delighted with those kids. (Can't imagine why.) Michelle is happy and England swings. Well, it did for a day or two, anyway.

For those of you who know him, Michael Burkhart, Sarah's brother has been coming to church at EVI for the last couple of Sabbaths. I never would have known who he was if he hadn't told me. Looks good, very muscular, works with his dad in Estes Park, tree trimming. There is a very good aura surrounding him. If He continues to to come to our church I'll want to get close to him if I can. Hard to believe, but the kid is 29 years old, and Sarah married in March.

I preached yesterday. (What else is new.) I am so busy that I can only prepare sermons on the fly. This last one I thought was a dud. However, I did pray more over it. (I don't like dud sermons.) And I reviewed it twice more than I usually do. It was so well appreciated that one lady ordered twenty copies to give to others. Go figure! Actually, there is no mystery to this thing. God can bless whatever He chooses to bless. Prayer is the key, and hard work is the only way I know to cooperate with my prayers. God is so good. He never lets me down, never.

So says the Preacher to his Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment