Friday, July 23, 2010

Current Happenings

I am at Oak Haven, in a beautiful guest room. It is about 100 degrees F. and promises to be a sweltering weekend. The place, Oak Haven, is looking fantastic.

I drove 1,000 miles yesterday and that was, to me, leisure. I listened to two audio books, got to bed by 9:30 and didn't get up till 6:00 this morning. I preach tomorrow early meeting on the Declaration of Independence.

Nothing is too new in my life: Our farm manager, Bill Bosko, has been having trouble with his health lately, and it didn't look like he would recover easily, according to the doctors. It turns out he has pneumonia. I noticed last week that some of his symptoms were similar to what I have experienced twice already when I had pneumonia.

I sent my wife $10,000 by wire. She hasn't got it yet. It got routed thru' Zanzibar, of all places, and hasn't made its way to her bank, as yet. She is not feeling good either. Overworked, I bet. Angie, Christina, Jason . . . are all under the weather. Well, not onto death. I've got to get everyone on XPC's.

We are buying a new booth for EVI from someone in Florida and I have had to struggle finding pictures to send to him. The Lord worked some wonderful miracles to drop those pics in my lap. I never would have guessed. Anyway, the booth is coming together, even as I have to consult Leasa in Ukraine. Technology is amazing these days.

Finally, we are trying to submit our Master Plan for the new construction of EVI. The deadline is Monday and we don't have all the pieces together. Laural, our Master Plan spear header, may swing it by Monday. The great fear is that we submit it with the hefty fee, (something like $1,500) just to find out we don't have all our ducks in a row. We would lose our fee. We may have to postpone for one month.

I've had a Polish couple in my house, with their son, Michael, for two weeks. It's been a blast. I enjoyed them immensely. Grazyna, Mrs. Kuczek, is a physician. She's done many lifestyle sessions in Poland, but not on their own institutional property. She is thoroughly inspired by what goes on at EVI, and hopes we/I can help her/them get started on their property in Poland. My heart is with them. I don't know if I can do anything, but I am certainly willing to try. Oh, if I were rich. I know she would be great to invest in. There is no doubt they would succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment