Friday, July 2, 2010

Life is Adventure

I took a flying trip to the General Conference, in Atlanta, this weel. OCI decided to have a board meeting while everyone but yours truly was there. I never would have gone otherwise. Lots of people in a big party mode. I arrived late afternoon Tuesday and left late morning on Thursday. On Wednesday I sat through four meetings--the OCI board, the Search Committee, a Country Haven board, and a meeting to address minor issues between two brothers. (I get invited to these stressful events because I am the board chairman and because I do it, it gives other people an excuse not to have to.)

All the meetings went well. The Search Committee holds my interest more than the others. I have no desire to be president of OCI although a few people wish I would change my mind. I'm interested because the dynamics are intriguing and my future is somewhat intertwined with the outcome. I'll let you know when it is all over. There are many people who could do the job, but few of them are free to do it. The way I see it, the Lord will have to free the individual He wants in that position, or we will need to choose the ones that are currently available namely the present VP. When the person is found and agrees to be president, then he must have a hand in choosing his own vice-president.

All is well. I hope you are following my children's blogs. Jason's is an extreme adventure in practical missionary work. Angie's is extreme adventure in child rearing. Something akin to a domestic rodeo, and Julie's is extreme adventure in the realm of gifts falling from heaven.

Let us never get bent out of shape because someone's done us a bad turn or things don't turn out as we wish they did. We fight not against flesh and blood or against God. What others do to us, God chose to allow, and He allows nothing but that which is for our good or the good of His cause. Be free, be happy, "nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19.

So says the Preacher to his Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment