Monday, June 14, 2010

God's in Control

Yesterday, Sunday, I got up at 5:00 A.M. and did the juicing for the lifestyle guests. That took an hour and a half. I then served them breakfast. Dale Zumwalt came and we replaced a breaker box in the Annex with a bigger one. That took five hours. After I took Dale to lunch, because it was 3:00 P.M. and there was no food around, I determined to stain a new cabinet that is in the church. I was half way through when Svitlana and her boyfriend offered to finish the job for me. Hurray, maybe I can work on a sermon for Wednesday. Fraid' not! As I stepped outside, I was met by a car with two people who had hosted me in Singapore twelve years ago. Wonderful couple. We had a great time, but it consumed the rest of the day. Oh, by the way, that was my day off.

Life unfolds like that for me daily and guess what? I love it. If running my tail off is good for me, then run I will.

Today, Monday, it is much the same. I decided this morning, after doing the devotional for the lifestyle guests and feeding my visitors, that I would write two very important letters. I did, by the way, but not until after I had to run to town, rent a U-haul, go get a load of donated furniture, load it and unload it by myself. (Not a complaint. There wasn't anything I couldn't lift by myself.) Besides that I got to talk to the fellow who lambasted me on Sabbath because my sermon made him want to throw up. He apologized, not for the principle of the conversation, but for the spirit in which it was conducted. Forgiven. Hey, why not? Life is too short. People are too hurt and should a hand never be laid on me? Do I think I do nothing wrong? For all I know, he was probably right. He's got me thinking, anyway.

Wonder what tomorrow holds? (I still haven't worked on a sermon for Wednesday Assembly.)

The Preacher may have nothing to say to his tribe.

1 comment:

  1. Don't actions speak louder than words?

    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a Ride!" unknown

    ReplyDelete