Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Relaxed

Are you relaxed? I am, I'm totally at peace. It isn't because everything is going my way, however. It's because I know that when I am pressed to the limit, the Lord will pile it on to teach me that He can get me through anything.
I'll be taping at 3ABN on Tuesday the 8th of June. I haven't even seen the TV program I am suppose to participate on. Dee Hildebrand (of 3ABN) called me yesterday and wanted to make sure I was ready. She said I needed to have sent 10 questions per program for the host. I had never heard anything of the kind. There is suppose to be some forms that she sent in my packet. (Attachments on my internet packet.) I suppose its there. I will look soon.

Soon should have been last week. In any case, I was going to work on that today, but things didn't work out. I taught a class (preached a sermon) to my staff and to the students this morning. Someone suggested we have a work-bee today. Work-bees don't work unless the president participates. Tomorrow, I need to teach two classes. Friday, I need to teach three classes and prepare a sermon / challenge for the graduation Friday night. On Sabbath, I get to preach in Estes Park and take the students to the Rockie Mountain Park in the afternoon. Jack Long showed up. He had made an appointment to meet with me today. Something about fixing the road to the cemetery. So we went up to the cemetery and examined the road. Leasa asked me to call Quest telephone company and arrange to have our telephone system changed. I got Laural to do that for me because she's the expert. But, I needed to spend two hours chopping veggies for her so she could do my job. Then, dear Leasa was to buy me a flight on-line. She was working on it, but she had to go teach a class.

"So," she said, "you finish it."

It took me one and one half hours to get that done. Then, guess what? It is 6 P.M. and I haven't even looked at my 3ABN assignment.

Do you think I am frustrated? No, I am not! Do you know why? It is because this is what I can expect of God, every time. Then, He turns around and rescues me (He'd better rescue me. He's always done it that way in the past) and I praise His name. Isn't that great? I count on Him and He never fails me. If I didn't have God, I go crazy.

So says the Preacher to his tribe. . .

I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle, please let me know wher your program airs on 3ABN i get it here and i would like to see it.
    God is amazing isn't He? Its great that no matter how chaotic life can be we can always feel at ease cause He is in control.
    I miss you uncle and wish you and auntie the best always. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Frank, you should have contacted me for the flight ticket and I would have done this for you within 10 minutes. You really shouldn't be wasting your time with such things while you need to work on more important stuff. Anyway, I trust that the Lord still has your life under control!

    ReplyDelete