Saturday, June 12, 2010

One Sermon, great and rotten

Happy Sabbath. I preached in Copper Mountain this morning. One fellow that I've known for quite some time said it was the best sermon I ever preached. Well, I don't think so. It turns out, as far as I can tell, it was a sermon that brought him under deep conviction. It left him really questioning whether he had faith or not. It's a blessing to see God work.

The same thing doesn't happen to everyone. Another fellow, which I've known for even longer, lambasted me thoroughly for not preaching strait enough to suit him. He accused me of preaching smooth things, of being chicken, of being a coward and on and on and on . . . That kinda rattles my cage a little. Not as much as it would have in the past. He especially didn't like that through the lambasting I never lost my smile. I think that is aggravating to people who are trying to be ultra serious with me. In any case, I'll be asking the Lord about my preaching. Should I preach a straighter message? Am I being cowardly? Or, is this friend a little off his rocker? Lord guide me. Truly, I want to do right. Preaching there next month will be an event. Yuk!

Yesterday, I lent my car to the lady who lost her daughter, till Monday. One day, a decision like that will cost me. Hey, I'm going to help if I can. I gave her a hundred dollars so she could put gas in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment