Monday, June 7, 2010

Relieved for the Moment

Things are coming together, a little. This morning's prayer time was heartfelt and agonizing. Today is Monday, and by Thursday morning I am to build a coffin, prepare a funeral sermon, weed-eat our cemetery, have the hole dug and organize the program. All or any of that is pretty manageable, but the idea that I had so little time to build a decent casket was terribly nerve wracking. For prayer, I usually go thru' my list and whatever it is I am reading, plus talk to the Lord about the things that are on my heart. Today, my heart was so troubled with this coffin project that I couldn't rest. I could just plead with the Lord for help and wisdom.

Well, guess what? My little secretary has a huge burden for her own granddaughter who was a friend of our Brittany who drowned. The little lady has no spiritual interests at all. She is coming to the funeral and Frances, my secretary, sees it as an opportunity to teach her about death and where the dead go when they die. So Frances volunteered to buy a casket out of her own pocket. Pastor Eagan and I will share the service. I'll do the short sermon in the church. He'll do the talk at the cemetery. I am perfectly relieved. Praise God, I feel like I have time to accomplish what is before me now.

We have beautiful hay and the Lord has been keeping the rain off of it. Yesterday, we started baling it. So it poured torrential rains on it. It looks like we've lost most of our first crop. Ah well, it's the Lord's hay. He can do as He pleases with it.

Till next time. Got to go prepare a sermon.

So says the Preacher to his tribe.


1 comment: