Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Summer Days

For a week now, the days have been sunny and hot. The evenings cool and my walks through the forested mountains are always surreal. The temperature couldn't be more perfect, the breeze is caressing, the company, heavenly--seeing I go up there to pray. Yes, every night and yes, I pray for you.

Nothing out of the ordinary is happening. My lifestyle guests asked for the series on the Prodigal Son on CD. I always give them away. For the first time in my experience, three or four of the guests turned around and gave me $105. I'm touched. Almost as touched by that gesture as by Angie's tribute to her dad last Sunday on her blog. I nearly cried, nearly. (At Angie's words.)

A Korean lady from Denver came to meet another Korean lady visiting from Korea. The lady from Denver brought food to feed me. Kim-shi, the main dish. It was all good, except the kapenta (little fish), which I skirted. We use to buy kapenta to feed our dogs in Zambia. Maybe if I was mixed in mealy-meal I would be more tempted. (Just kidding.)

I'm putting together our next Faith Ventures magazine. I hope to have it gone to the Graphic Designer within the week.

Tonight is graduation night for our lifestyle guests. They've been a great bunch. I'll miss these guys.

I'm listening to Walter Veight's series called The Genesis Conflict. (Creation vs. Evolution.) It is more than excellent. I recommend it highly. At the same time, I am reading J.A. Wylie's massive History of Protestantism. It just thrills my soul. In the Dark Ages, people committed their lives to Jesus unto death. And death was the end for at least 50 million of them. I wonder if our commitment is anything like that? It might be profitable to find out now, rather than when it is too late. Don't you think?

So says the Preacher to his tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment